National Bullying Prevention Center – About Us
Posted by Teens Against Bullying
Teens Against Bullying was created by and for teens, this website is a place for middle and high school students to find ways to address bullying, to take action, to be heard, and to own an important social cause.
The Teens Against Bullying is a website created by PACER’s National Bullying Prevention Center (PACER’s NBPC). Since 2006, PACER’s NBPC has actively led social change to prevent childhood bullying, so that all youth are safe and supported in their schools, communities, and online.
How does Teens Against Bullying website help youth?
- Provides a platform with age appropriate content to learn about bullying prevention
- Educates about what to do in bullying situations
- Offers opportunities to interact with the site through polls, quizzes and forms
- Shares bullying prevention stories and caring statements from around the world
- Inspires active engagement in bullying prevention in the local community
PACER also provides innovative resources for students, parents, educators, and others, and recognizes bullying as a serious community issue that impacts education, physical and emotional health, and the safety and well-being of students. PACER offers digital-based resources for parents, schools, teens and youth, including:
- NBPC flyer: Share the free, colorful, and informative 8 ½ x 11 (2-sided) flyer that outlines the creative resources, outreach activities, and opportunities available from PACER’s National Bullying Prevention Center. Distribute at your local event, activity, or fundraiser.
- PACER.org/Bullying: This is the portal page of the National Bullying Prevention Center for parents and educators to access bullying resources, which include educational toolkits, awareness toolkits, contest ideas, promotional products and more.
- PACERKidsAgainstBullying: A creative, innovative and educational website designed for elementary school students to learn about bullying prevention, engage in activities and be inspired to take action.
Welcome to PACER | PACERTalks About Bullying, Episode 1
The first video of the new series, PACERTalks About Bullying, where each week we will be talking about all things bullying. In our first episode, we share more about PACER Center and what we do.
Watch more videos from the series.
How does PACER’s National Bullying Prevention Center help?
- Promotes a shared conversation and response to bullying in which everyone works together responsibly and collaboratively to create safe environments for students
- Inspires entire communities to get involved with social change and promoting kindness, acceptance, and inclusion
- Offers classroom activities, toolkits, and lesson plans for educators
- Provides informative guides for parents to understand the dynamics of bullying, help their children through bullying situations, and learn how to communicate with school staff
- Educates students with age-appropriate resources and information to manage bullying situations, be supportive of their peers, and take action to prevent bullying in their school, community, and online
- Creates school-wide opportunities to address bullying, including National Bullying Prevention Month in October and Unity Day, initiatives both founded by PACER’s National Bullying Prevention Center
About This Article:
A Life Worth Living has copied the content of this article under fair use in order to preserve as a post in our resource library for preservation in accessible format. Explicit permission pending.
Link to Original Article: https://pacerteensagainstbullying.org/about-us/