Ontario Historical Society
Founded in 1888, The Ontario Historical Society is a non-profit corporation and registered charity; a non-government group bringing together people of all ages, all walks of life and all cultural backgrounds interested in preserving some aspect of Ontario’s history. The OHS has a provincial mandate, but its headquarters is located at the historic John McKenzie House (built 1913) in Willowdale, Ontario.
John McKenzie House, and its adjacent stables and milk-house are all designated under the Ontario Heritage Act. The OHS is governed by an all-volunteer board of directors, and is supported by and supports its vast network of member individuals, organizations and institutions, including the OHS’s 350+ affiliated societies.