Let's Change The Disability Narrative One Story At A Time
Imagine waking up one day with a disability…..
How do you get out of bed? Get dressed? Navigate your house? Eat? Play?
Imagine trying to get to work, doing your job, caring for your children. The way you did things yesterday has changed. Will you keep your job? Your home? Where would you go for support? Who do you know who could help you get through this?
In many instances, after you learn how, you will be able to do most of the activities you did before. More often than not, you will learn to do things in a different way. But, where do you find out what you need to know? What if you needed answers for someone you loved?
There is a lot of material out there. Many people find grassroots solutions on ‘what works’ is missing. What’s worse is when recorded success stories do not reach the people who need them.
In our dreams, A Life Worth Living’s team, donors and site-visitors:
• Imagine providing people who live with disabilities, their families and the public answers on ‘how to do things’.
• Imagine being able to connect people with others who can inspire them to take control of their lives and rise above obstacles.
• Imagine making this information available in an accessible format, not just for some, but for all.
With your donation to our online Resource Library and experienced-based Training Courses, you open the door to answers. Let’s change the disability narrative one story at a time!
Ways to Donate
Make a charitable donation online
Mail your donation
Make cheque payable to A Life Worth Living.
Address: A Life Worth Living
203 – 880 E.C Expressway North Service Road Windsor, Ontario N8X 3J5
Other ways to show your support
• Take part in the FALWL Annual Bowling Fundraiser.
• Host your own fundraising event and direct proceeds to ALWL.
• Workplace giving program. Check to see if your company has a matching gift program or employee payroll deductions.
• Honour someone special with a memorial donation or to celebrate their milestone.
On behalf of people in our communities, we thank you
A Life Worth Living Charitable Reg. No. 89737 0391 RR0001